Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Everett's 6 months old!

Happy Half Birthday to my little man! I can't believe how big he is and how much he is learning and doing. He is eating a lot of different kinds of foods- from bananas and pears to avocado and butter beans to sweet potato and squash! There's many more things that he eats and likes, but those are a few examples. Whatever we feed him, he's a good eater. It shows too because he is growing like a weed! We went to the doctor for a 6 month well check up and found out that Everett is a little over 18 pounds and around 27 inches long! He can sit up by himself for any amount of time and he has learned how to go from sitting to laying down (on purpose). He is about to crawl. He can get across the room if he wants to through a series of short crawls, army crawls, lunges, and rolls. He pulls up to climb and stand on people and furniture. Everett grabs at everything and most of what he grabs goes in his mouth (no teeth yet though!).  He babbles and "talks" and laughs all day.

This school year, as I go back to work, Everett will be going to Stepping Stones- a day care program at the Baptist church in Eatonton. He's already been a few days this summer, and I've started taking him regularly this week. Sometimes it feels a little funny and sad to be at home when he is at "school" but I've been able to start doing some work that I need to do. Also, it is helping both of us to get familiar with the new schedule of him being there all day during the week. I really like the program and his teachers so far, so that has made it easier to drop him off each day. His first full "real" day, one of the teachers sent me a text message to let me know what a good day he was having and a picture of him playing! This week he is going 3 days in a row, next week I may take him 3 or 4 days in a row. I guess we (I) have to work up to him going all week.

Another thing in our lives that is really exciting right now is that Daddy has a new job! But what Everett and I are most excited about is the fact that he can sometimes come home for lunch and that he gets home from work before 4pm! That's a big change from the previous 7:30 or 8pm arrival time. Jon has been so happy to come home and do things he's been wanting to do like cut the grass, and still have plenty of time to have dinner with us, play with Everett, and relax before falling into bed. What great lives we lead :)

Well, here's some great pictures of my 6 month old BIG BOY!



"Mmmmmm, good foot."

"I'm done sitting on the couch so I'll be going now!"


"Ooo, a sticker!"



Please notice the pillows that I piled up against the corner of the table because he was freaking me out!

Big Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment