Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer time!!!!!

I have been really behind on adding pictures to create a new blog.. but now it's summer time and I'm ready to catch up! Everett started eating food on May 21st. We started with rice cereal. The pediatrician recommended that we start feeding it to him using a spoon right away instead of putting it in a bottle. They say this will help him distinguish between eating and drinking and get good at using utensils earlier. Everett, being the hearty eater that he is naturally, took to the spoon very quickly. It really only took a few tries, and by the end of the first bowl of cereal he was getting into it. By the second feeding the next day, he started to get excited about seeing the spoon. Now, he leans forward and opens his mouth like a little baby bird. He loves to eat! He eats cereal in the morning and then he has a lunch with some veggies. So far, he's tried sweet potatoes and squash and enjoyed both. I think tomorrow or Sunday we may try peas to have a green in his diet. I love it! It's so cute to see him sitting in his bumbo and eating different kinds of foods. Here's some pictures from his first eating experience and another recent picture so you can catch-up with how big he's getting! By the way, these pictures definitely make him look like he has a mohawk, but I promise he doesn't!
First bite...

"Ummmmm, what is this?"

He likes to try things on his own. Also, he doesn't make a mess like this when he eats normally, but we let him make a fun mess for his first time!

Now he's starting to get into it.

This was taken a few weeks ago, but it's the most recent that's not still sitting on the camera :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment