Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Very Hungry Birthday party!

Everett really does like to listen to stories! He'll bring me books to look at together or because he wants to listen to me read.  He's really good at turning pages and he's into "touch-n-feel" books and "peek-a-boo" books.  But, The Very Hungry Caterpillar seems to be his favorite! He loves the story and he especially likes to turn those tiny pages in the middle.  Thus, the Very Hungry Birthday party was born.

The story of the very hungry little caterpillar was also very fitting to tell the story of our first year with Everett... He always seems to be very hungry! But, he's also amazed us throughout this year and I feel like he's growing into a wonderful little boy. I'm having a hard time thinking of him as a little boy and not my little baby... though, he'll always be my little baby I think.  I can't believe all the new things he's learned just in the course of one year. A baby growing and learning, like the metamorphosis of a butterfly, is an absolutely mind-boggling thing to experience.

Well, now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, let me just say that Everett's first birthday party was a lot of fun! I really thought I was not going to be interested in doing a party for a one year old, but I enjoyed planning and having the party so much. I know Everett did too!  We are very lucky to have so many friends and family that traveled to help us celebrate. Thanks so much to all the people that have helped to make Everett feel special and loved on his birthday and throughout his first year!

The set up...

The sweets table

Yummy appetizers...

A sandwich bar

Salads

Tiny flower pot signs with words from the story

Worms, to keep the caterpillars company



The birthday boy!

My caterpillar creation!

The guests...












Look at that face!

Opening presents...






And now for the smash cake! Although, he didn't really smash it as much as he did devour it! 

Why is everyone singing at me?

What am I supposed to do with this?

Oh yeah, this is sooo good!

Mmmmmmmm

I love this cake so much, I'm gonna hug it!

Big bites!

Mama's trying to get my sugar!

Now Daddy's trying to take my cake! (Look how much he's eaten!)

I'm definitely gonna like this whole "birthday" thing!

Playing with all his new toys...






What a great first birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment