Saturday, August 20, 2011

July and August

I've started back to work and it's been difficult to find the time to add to my blog. I've been wanting to share our visit from the Usserys, Everett's 7 month birthday, and some other fun pictures.  I can't believe how much Everett changes from week to week. He's got two teeth now (both on bottom) that he loves to have brushed! He's eating a few finger foods like toast and puffs. He loves to try to feed himself.  He's also practicing using a sippy cup to have some juice.  We've been taking him to "school" for about a month now and I think we all love Stepping Stones.  His teachers are really sweet and look forward to seeing him every morning. He's always happy and playing whenever I go to pick him up (but he does get really excited to go home- it's a long day!). He doesn't cry anymore when I drop him off, which really makes things easier on my heart.  All in all, I think it's the best place for him to be while Jon and I go to work. Of course, being with his grandparents would be at the top of that list, but unfortunately he can't be with them every day!  I'm glad he's learning to play with other babies/kids and be around other people without his mom and dad.

I'm mostly impressed with how much he's moving now. He sits up and plays in his crib to entertain himself while he waits on someone to get him.  He pulls up on EVERYTHING. I mean everything... legs, chairs, tables, walls, his crib, the dogs, boxes, etc.  He wants to spend most of his time standing and playing.  Everett's also learned how to "walk" down the furniture by shuffling his feet and his hands, so he knows how to go around the coffee table.  He loves to crawl and he loves to explore the house in a walker.  He seems to be pretty good at entertaining himself, but he also loves to play with other people.  I got to his school one day and he was patting another little boy on the shoulder, smiling, and "talking" to him. It was adorable!  He still loves to be outside and go on walks. Thank goodness his class has giant 6 and 8 seater strollers that they cruise around in!

All this movement has led to some new challenges... It's hard to change his diaper and get him dressed; I have to be fast and sneaky when I give him a bath; We always keep an extra eye on him standing and playing, even when we're right next to him, because he's fast and he has no fear. I'm really enjoying being back at work but I sure do miss spending every day with him! Enjoy the new pictures! The first ones are my catch-up pics from July.  I hope I can get some advice from a friend soon on the easiest way to share videos on the blog because I'd love to show everyone his funny personality :)

Bath time in the big tub! The baby tub was making him mad :)

On the move!

Me and my little man! (That's my best friend's son, Collin, behind me.... and Jude)

Relaxing with friends before I started back to work.


Playing in his room


Just a picture of Jon, Drayson, and Aidan playing baseball in our backyard, but you can see how nice our new sod is :)


Gotta show off my other babies... Jude!


Eleanor!


Sorry if this is over-load, but I've got plenty to share from August too! Everett's 7 months old!!! What a big boy! Here's some great more recent photos.

It's really hard to get him to sit still and smile for a picture... and we're fast, he's just faster!

Laughing :)

Pulling up

Standing tall!

So cute! Everett looks so big to me in this picture.

Mmmm, toast

Everett's watching Daddy out the window

Sitting on Daddy's golfing stoop out front


No comments:

Post a Comment